Field2Base customers gain access to their Company's forms via licenses used on designated Mobile or web-based devices. Each device must be associated with a paid-for license as managed on the Field2Base Admin Portal.
This article describes the key terms and the processes Customers use to setup their Licenses and Devices in the Field2Base Admin Portal.
Introduction to Licenses and Devices
Using the Admin Portal, you can review the latest information for your Company’s Licenses and Devices as well as make changes.
It is important to understand the difference between the two terms as they have different effects on a Customer’s monthly invoice.
A License grants access to the Mobile Forms application for a single Device. Field2Base billing is tied to Licenses. Adding or removing Licenses will affect your monthly invoice. Customers can make changes to their Licenses in the Licenses subsection of the Licenses and Devices section of the Field2Base Admin Portal.
A Device is the actual Device on the Android, Apple, or Windows platform that you can set up to run the Mobile Forms application when you have available Licenses. Once a Device has been set up in the system, a License has been used and is no longer available. For example, if a Device is lost or stolen, that Device can be removed in Admin Portal and the License will be available to be used by a replacement Device. Adding or removing Devices will not affect your monthly invoice.
The Field2Base Admin Portal allows you to submit requests to add or remove Licenses.
- Log into the Admin Portal with your company ID, username and password.
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Select the Licenses and Devices option.
Note If the Licenses and Devices option is not shown in the Admin tab drop down, your User Account has not been assigned the rights to access this section and you should contact your Field2Base Account Manager to gain access.
- Click on the Add or Remove Licenses link next to the Licenses header. This will display how many Licenses your Company has purchased and how many of those Licenses are currently in use by Devices.
- You can also view the Order History for your Licenses at the bottom of the page, including details such as the number of Licenses added or removed, each License type, who submitted a License request, the date it was submitted, and the date it was processed by Field2Base.
- To submit a request to add or remove Licenses for your Company, click on the appropriate Add Licenses or Remove Licenses link. Select the quantity of Licenses from the drop down, click the checkbox to accept the Terms and Conditions and click the Submit button.
Once the request is submitted, it is routed to your Field2Base Account Manager for processing. The Account Manager approves or declines your request and an automated confirmation e-mail is sent to you. In addition to the e-mail, the Licenses section is updated with the change in Licenses and your request is logged in the Order History.
The Field2Base Admin Portal allows you to add Devices and request Provisioning changes for your Devices.
To Add a Device
This option is only available if there are Licenses available. To submit a request to add a Device to your Company, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Add Device button.
- Fill out the device information fields (required fields are indicated by the * next to the header).
- Select a User assignment.
By assigning a primary User for a Device, this User will not have to log in each time they access the Mobile Forms app on the Device. Setting a specific User is intended for Devices that will be used by a single User. If the Device will have multiple Users logging in, then the Unassigned option should be selected as the User assignment.
- Click the Submit button.
Request Provisioning Changes
To submit a request for any Provisioning change to a Device for your Company:
- Click on the checkbox to the left of the Device to be changed.
- Click on the appropriate action button. If you are requesting an Edit Device or Transfer Device change, enter the new information in the Device information fields.
- Click the Submit button.
Edit a Device
This action is used to change the Hardware information (i.e. Manufacturer, Model) and Customer specific tracking information (i.e. Asset Tag) about the Device. For example, when a Device was originally created, the Device’s Model was set to a Galaxy Tab, but the Device was actually a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1” so this information could be updated using the Edit Device action.
Transfer a License to a New Device
This action is used to transfer the License from an existing Device to a new Device in one transaction. For example, a Device was broken while in the field and a new Device was purchased so License can be transferred to the new Device.
Change Assigned User
This action is used to change the currently assigned User for a Device to another User (or set it to be Unassigned). For example, Jim was the primary user on a Device but he has taken a new role with the company. The Device was given to his successor, Mary. Using the Change Assigned User option, Mary can be assigned as the new primary User.
This action is used to reset an existing Device’s server-side history to allow the Device to be re-activated. For example, a Device has to be factory reset and doing so wipes out the existing install of the Mobile Forms app. In order to go through the activation process again, the Device needs to have its history reset with the Reset Device option.
This action is used to remove existing Devices from your Company. For example, if an Employee was terminated and their Device was not returned and there was no plan to get a replacement Device, then the Remove Device option would be used.
|Note||Removing a Device will also delete all of the data from the Mobile Forms app on the Device if it is still syncing with the Field2Base system.|
License and Device Status
Upon submitting a request to Field2Base for a License or Device modification, you will be presented with an associated status for your request.
- A Pending License status means the request has been successfully submitted.
- A Complete License status means the request has been processed.
- A New Device status means the request to add a device has been successfully submitted.
- A Ready Device status means the request has been processed and the device is ready for activation.
- An Activated Device status means the Device has been activated and is successfully communicating with the Field2Base network.
|Note||Device requests will also contain a small description of the request in orange text underneath the status.|
License and Device requests are typically processed by Field2Base within a few hours but may take up to one business day. Once a request has been processed, the status will automatically update in Admin Portal and the requester will receive a confirmation email.