The Field2Base Admin Portal allows your company's Admin to manage the Field2Base application for your Company and Users. This is the heart of the Field2Base application, available to use on most web browsers. The Admin Portal requires a unique login and password for each User who needs to access it. This article describes the basics of managing your Field2Base environment with the Admin Portal.
Logging in to Admin Portal
Once your company has been set up with Field2Base, you should have been provided with administrative credentials including a Company ID, Username and Password.
3. Enter your administrative credentials.
4. Click Login.
Navigation Bar Overview
Your navigation bar may not have all of the tabs described in this section. Web App, Workflow, Online Docs and Analytics are additional paid services from Field2Base. If you have not subscribed to these services, they will not appear on your navigation bar.
Home: This tab takes you back to the home screen.
Web App: This tab allows you to see your Blank Forms, My Work, Saved Drafts or Sent Forms. It functions similarly to the Mobile Forms application on an Android or iOS device.
Workflow: This tab (if available) takes you to your Workflow Queue or your Workflow Admin.
Online Docs: This tab (if available) allows you to view all of the Sent Forms from your users or Export your form data if Data Exports have been created for you by Field2Base.
Analytics: This tab (if available) allows you to view or manage your Analytics Dashboards.
Admin: This tab displays a list of all the administrative functions in the Field2Base Admin Portal. The rest of this article describes the most commonly used Admin functions.
Downloads: This tab provides links to all Field2Base application downloads available to your company. You also have the ability to e-mail installation instructions directly to selected Users in your Company.
Admin Tab - Administrative Functions
Admin Home presents you with a dashboard of the administrative functions that are available to you.
These are virtual folders where your Company's Forms are organized. The Folders page will display all of the existing Folders in your company. You can add Folders or edit existing Folders from this page. Once a Folder is created, you can assign Forms and Users to one or more Folder(s) depending on which forms they need access to. Only Users assigned to a Folder will have access to the Forms in that Folder.
To create a new Folder:
- Click on the Add Folder button.
- Fill out the Folder Name (required) and Description (optional) fields.
- Select the Users for the Folder. You can also assign a User to multiple Folders by editing their User profile. See the section on Users for more details.
- Click the Save button to create your new Folder.
Your Users page will display information on all of the Users in your company. Users are accounts that have various access to the Field2Base solution depending on their assigned Role(s). There is no charge for adding additional Users and you can add as many as you need. For more information, you can go to the article on Managing Users and Recipients.
To create a new User:
- Click on the Create User button.
- Fill out the new User information. The User name, Password, First Name, Last Name and Email fields are required.
- You can choose whether the User will receive a single PDF of all pages of a form or whether the pages will be split into individual pages. The Consolidate Attachments checkbox is checked by default.
- You can choose whether the User will be included in the optional recipient list for the Forms in the Folders they have access to. The Include on Form Optional Recipients checkbox is checked by default.
- Click on Create User button.
Your Reports dashboard displays the many report options that provide information about your Users, Forms, mobile devices and much more. For details on what information in available in each report, see the article on Information in Admin Reports.
The Forms page will display all of the Forms published to your company. For more information on how to manage your Forms, read the article on Managing Forms.
To download a specific Form:
- You can click the Show/Hide Filters button to look for a specific Form or group of Forms.
- Click on the Download button to download the Form to your local machine. You can open and make changes to the Form file with the F2B Forms Designer application. See the Forms Designer Quick Start Guide for more information on how to use Forms Designer.
Form Data Files
Form Data Files are files (such as an Excel spreadsheet) that have been linked to your Form as part of the Form design process. The Form Data Files page displays information about your Company's data files such as the version number and the last time the file was modified. See the article on Form Data Files for more information.
To upload a new or updated data file:
- Click on Upload File button.
- Select the data file you linked to your Form from your PC or network drive.
- Click on the Upload button.
The Work Orders page allows you to prefill regions in a form and dispatch the form to a specific user in their My Work section of Mobile Forms. See the article on Using Work Orders in Admin Portal for more information on Work Orders.
To create a new Work Order:
- Click on the Create Work Order Button.
- Select the Folder Name and the Form to Dispatch.
- Select the User that you want the Work Order to be Assigned To.
- Give your Work Order a Name so the User can easily identify key details for the Work Order.
- The Priority setting only applies to prefills in Mobile Forms for Windows.
- Fill in the regions you want prefilled when the Form is delivered to the My Forms section of to the device. Available regions are determined in Forms Designer when designing the Form.
- Click the Save button.
Groups are collections of users that can be assigned to a specific workflow. The Groups page will display all of your company's existing Groups. See the article on Basic Workflow for more information on Workflows.
To create a new Group:
- Click on the Create Group Button.
- Fill in your Group Name.
- Select the Users you want in the group.
- Click the Create Button.
Licenses and Devices
The Licenses and Devices page lists all of your purchased, in use and available licenses, as well as all of your registered devices.
You can view your licenses history, add licenses or remove licenses by clicking on the Add or Remove Licenses link. See the article, Managing Licenses and Devices, for more information on managing your licenses and devices.
API Sync Key
The API Sync Key page allows you to set or view an F2B key that can be used as a security token for REST API calls made into Field2Base web services.
The Roles page lists all available user roles for your company and a brief description of which permissions each role allows. More details for each role are available by clicking the View button next to a role. You can display a list of all Users in your company with a specific role by clicking the Users button next to that role. See the article, Roles in Admin Portal, for more information on managing the Roles in your company.
The Company Profile page allows you to view the current information registered in the Admin Portal for your Company. You can also edit selected configurations for your Company from your Company Profile page. See the article on Customer Configurations for details on which configurations are available.