The Field2Base Admin Portal allows your company's Admin to manage the Field2Base application for your company and end users. This is the heart of the Field2Base application, available to use on most web browsers (Chrome recommended). The Admin Portal requires a unique login and password for each user.
This article describes the basics of managing your Field2Base environment with the Admin Portal.
Logging in to Admin Portal
Once your company has been set up with Field2Base, you should have been provided with administrative credentials including a Company ID, Username and Password. See the article, Welcome to Field2Base, if you have questions about getting started with Field2Base.
3. Enter your administrative credentials.
4. Click Login.
Navigation Bar Overview
Your navigation bar may not have all of the tabs described in this section. Workflow, Online Docs and Analytics are additional paid services from Field2Base. If you have not subscribed to these services, they will not appear on your navigation bar.
Home: This tab takes you back to the home screen.
Web Client: This tab allows you to see your New Forms, PreFills, Saved Drafts or Sent Forms. It functions similarly to the Mobile Forms application and lets you work with your forms in the same way.
Workflow: This tab (if available) takes you to your Workflow Queue or your Workflow Admin.
Online Docs: This tab (if available) allows you to view all of the Sent Forms from your users or Export your form data.
- Form Name
- Name of the CSV Export File
- Export Frequency Type (i.e. None, Daily, Weekly, etc) - If you choose none, all of your export data will go into a single CSV file.
- Filter Regions (up to 3) - You can filter your export data based on up to 3 of your form regions.
- Export Start Date
- List of Region Name -> Label in CSV File mapping
Do not change any affected region names once you have submitted this information. Data exports will not work if region names have been changed.
Analytics: This tab (if available) allows you to view or manage your Analytics Dashboards.
Admin: This tab displays a list of all the administrative functions in the Field2Base Admin Portal. The rest of this article describes the most commonly used Admin functions.
Downloads: This tab provides links to Field2Base application downloads and the ability to e-mail installation instructions to selected users in the company.
Admin Tab - Administrative Functions
Admin Home presents you with a dashboard view of the administrative functions that are available to you.
Projects are virtual folders where digital forms are stored. Your Projects page will display all of the existing projects in your company. You can add projects or edit existing projects from this page. Once a project is created, you can assign forms and users to specific projects. Only users assigned to the project will have access to the forms on that project. To create a new project:
- Click on the Add Project button.
- Fill out the Project Name and Description fields.
- Select the Users for the project.
- Click the Save button to create your new project.
Your Users page will display information on all of the users in your company. Users are accounts that have various access to the Field2Base solution depending on their assigned role(s). There is no charge for adding additional users and you can add as many as you need. To create a new user:
- Click on the Create User button.
- Fill out the new user information. The Username, Password, First Name, Last Name, Email and Project fields are required.
- You can choose whether the User will receive a single PDF of all pages of a form or whether the pages will be split into individual pages. The Consolidate Attachments checkbox is checked by default.
- You can choose whether the User will be included in the optional recipient list for the projects they are attached to. The Include on Form Optional Recipients checkbox is checked by default.
- Click on Create User button.
Your Reports dashboard displays the many report options that provide information about your users, forms, mobile devices and much more.
- To view a specific report, click on link for that report.
- Click on the Show/Hide Filters button to narrow your results as needed.
The forms page will display all of the forms published to your company. To download a specific form:
- Click the Show/Hide Filters button to look for a specific form.
- Click on the Download button to download the eform to your local machine. You can open the eform file with the Forms Designer application.
Form Data Files
Form data files are files (such as an Excel spreadsheet) that have been linked to your form as part of the form design process. The Form Data Files page displays information about your data files such as the version number and the last time the file was modified. To upload a new data file:
- Click on Upload File button.
- Select the data file you linked to your form from your PC or network drive.
- Click on the Upload button.
The PreFills page allows you to prefill fields in a form and send it to a specific user as a work order. To create a new prefill:
- Click on Create Prefill Button.
- Select the Project and the Form that you want to prefill.
- Select the User you want to send the prefilled form to.
- The Priority setting only applies to prefills in Mobile Forms for Windows.
- Fill in the fields you want prefilled when the form is delivered to the tablet.
- Click the Save button.
Groups are collections of users that can be assigned to a specific workflow. The Groups page will display all of your company's existing groups. To create a new group:
- Click on the Create Group Button.
- Fill in your Group Name.
- Select the Users you want in the group.
- Click the Create Button.
Licenses and Devices
The Licenses and Devices page lists all of your purchased, in use and available licenses, as well as all of your registered devices.
You can view your licenses history, add licenses or remove licenses by clicking on the Add or Remove Licenses link. See the article, Managing Licenses and Devices, for more information on managing your licenses and devices.
The Payment Accounts page allows you to add payment accounts if any of your forms take payments directly on the form.
API Sync Key
The API Sync Key page displays a key that can be used as a security token for REST API calls made into Field2Base web services.
The Roles page lists all available user roles for your company and a brief description of each. More details for each role are available by clicking the View button next to a role. You can display a list of users in your company with a specific role by clicking the Users button next to that role. You can create custom roles for your company by clicking the Create Role button.
The Company Profile page allows you to view and edit the current information registered in the Admin Portal for your company. You can also edit your company's configs from this page.