Work Orders are Forms which have been partially pre-filled for dispatch to a designated User. For example, you can pre-fill a Form with the customer’s name, address and phone number, then assign it to a specific technician or field operator in your Company. Work Orders can be created and dispatched using three Field2Base products.
- Admin Portal - covered in this article
- Enterprise Dispatch Module - Field2Base software which connects database tables or CSV files to pre-fill your forms.
- PreFill Web Service - allows web service calls from enterprise applications to the Field2Base network to pre-fill your forms.
Creating a Work Order
1. Log in to your Company's Admin Portal then navigate to Admin > Work Orders.
2. Click on the Create Work Order button to open the Work Orders page.
3. Fill out the necessary information to create your Work Order.
A. Select the Folder that contains the Form that you want to use.
B. Select the form you wish to pre-fill.
C. Select the user to assign the Work Order to.
D. (optional) Create a name for your Work Order. This is the name that will appear in the My Work section of the User's device.
E. (optional) Fill out the Address section if you want to allow the User to access navigation to the location.
F. Complete all fields that you would like to contain information on the Work Order. The fields available for Work Orders are designated using Forms Designer when creating or updating the Form.
4. Click the Save button at the bottom of the page to dispatch the Work Order to the specified User's Device.
Re-assigning a Work Order
You have the ability to re-assign a Work Order from one User’s Device to another User's Device. For example, if a technician has a job that takes longer than expected and cannot complete all assigned Work Orders, you can re-assign some of their Work Orders to another technician.
1. Check the box next to the Work Order(s) you wish to re-assign.
2. Click the Re-assign button.
3. Select the Assign button next to the user you wish to re-assign the Work Order(s) to. You can also change the Work Order to unassigned by clicking on the Clear Assignment button.
Cancelling a Work Order
Cancelling a Work Order will remove it from the User’s Device the next time their Device syncs with the Field2Base system.
1. Check the box next to the Work Order(s) you wish to cancel.
2. Click the Cancel button.
Viewing or Editing a Submitted Work Order
You can view Work Order data after it has been submitted. You can also edit the information if it has changed or if you have new information to add to a Work Order.
To View a Work Order
1. Click the View Work Order button next to the Work Order you wish to view.
2. This will bring up a window with the Work Order details.
To edit an existing Work Order
1. Click on the down arrow button attached to the View Work Order button to get the Edit option then click on Edit.
2. This will take you to the Edit Work Order page where you can update the Work Order information.
3. Click on the Save button at the bottom of the page to dispatch the updated Work Order to the specified User's Device.