PreFills are forms which have been partially pre-filled for dispatch to a designated mobile user. For example, you can pre-fill a work order form with the customer’s name, address and phone number, then assign it to a specific technician or field operator. PreFills can be created and dispatched using three Field2Base products.
- Admin Portal - covered in this article
- Enterprise Dispatch Module - Field2Base software which connects database tables or CSV files to pre-fill your forms.
- PreFill Web Service - allows web service calls from enterprise applications to the Field2Base network to pre-fill your forms.
Creating a PreFill
Log in to your company's Admin Portal then navigate to Admin > PreFills.
Click on the Create PreFill button to open the Create PreFill page.
- Select the Company Project that contains the form you want to pre-fill.
- Select the form you wish to pre-fill.
- Select the user to dispatch the PreFill to.
- Create a name for your PreFill. This is the name that will appear in the PreFills section of the user's device.
- Complete all fields that you would like to appear on the pre-filled form. Filling out the Address section allows the user to access navigation to the location from their device.
- Click the Save button to send the PreFill to the specified user's tablet.
Re-assigning a PreFill
You can reassign a PreFill from one user’s mobile device to another user's device. For example, if a technician has a job that takes longer than expected and cannot complete all work orders, you can reassign to another technician.
1. Check the box next to the PreFill(s) you wish to reassign.
2. Click the Re-assign button.
3. Select the Assign button next to the user you wish to reassign the PreFill(s) to.
Cancelling a PreFill
Cancelling a PreFill will remove it from the user’s device the next time their device syncs with the Field2Base system.
- Check the box next to the PreFill(s) you wish to cancel.
- Click the Cancel button.
Viewing a Submitted PreFill
You can view PreFill data after it has been submitted. You cannot change the information in the PreFill after it has been submitted. To change PreFill data, you have to cancel the existing PreFill and create a new one with the new information.
Click the View PreFill button next to the PreFill you wish to view.