Which App do I Download?
There are two different versions of the app, the Enterprise Version and the Google Play Store Version. As such, there are two seperate ways to download and activate these versions. Please download the version your company has decided to deploy. If you're unsure which version is right for you, please contact your Field2Base Administrator.
Installing and Logging In to the Google Play Store Version of the App
- On your Android Device, open the Google Play Store.
- Using the Search Bar, search the store for "Field2Base Mobile Forms".
- Find the Field2Base Mobile Forms App and tap it to open its store page.
- In the top right of the app details page, tap the "Install" button.
- Once installed, open the app and tap "Log In with an Existing Account"
- Enter the Email Address and Password associated with your Field2Base User Account and tap the 'Log In' button.
|NOTE||You must have a valid Field2Base User Account under your Company ID to use as Log In Credentials for this to work.|
Downloading and Installing the Enterprise App
You should have received an e-mail with a download link and an Activation ID. Please follow the instructions below to get your application downloaded and installed.
Allowing Apps from Unknown Sources
Before starting the installation process, you will need to update an Application Setting to allow the Field2Base (F2B) Mobile Forms application to install.
- Go to your device Settings.
- Navigate to the Security section.
- Under the Security tab, tap or toggle on the Unknown sources option.
- Click OK when prompted to confirm the update.
After Allowing Unknown Sources, you're ready to download and install the Mobile Forms Enterprise App. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Tap on the download link provided in the e-mail. You can also download Mobile Forms from the Admin Portal Downloads page.
- Open the .apk file that was downloaded in recent downloads.
Note The Downloads section of Android Devices may not be the same for every type of hardware, but you should be able to find a Downloads section in your Apps or you can just tap on the file once it’s completed downloading in the Notification bar at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Install option.
- Wait for the application to download and install.
- This process could take a few minutes. Once complete it should ask if you want to open the Mobile Forms application. Tap Open.
- When the app has completed the download and installation process, you should see the app icon on your home screen.
Activating Mobile Forms
Now that the Mobile Forms app has been installed successfully, the final step in the process is to activate your Device for your Company in the Field2Base cloud.
- Tap on the Mobile Forms app on the Home screen.
- Welcome to Mobile Forms will be displayed the first time you open the app.
- At this point, if you have an Android Device with Cellular connectivity, the MEID or IMEI should be auto-loaded into the Activation ID entry box. Otherwise, enter the Activation ID provided in the install e-mail.
Note Please contact your company's F2B Account Manager if you do not know your Activation ID.
- Tap Activate to begin the activation process.
Note If the Activation fails, the first step is to double check the Activation ID entered and make sure that it matches what was provided to you. If it continues to fail after that, contact Field2Base Technical Support with the error message you are receiving.
- Upon activation, you will notice that the sections of the Mobile Forms app home page are empty. This is to be expected and all of the appropriate resources will get populated in your Blank Forms, My Work, and Sent Forms sections as soon as they are available.
Note The population of each section can take anywhere from a few minutes to up to an hour depending on the number of resources and history your Company has.