This document is meant to guide users on how to properly upgrade the Mobile Forms app on their iOS Devices. An upgrade installs a new version of the app directly over an older one, without the need to re-install.
|Note||To successfully perform an upgrade, do NOT uninstall Mobile Forms from your iOS Device. Simply follow the instructions below to install the new version over top of the old one.|
Downloading and Installing the Mobile Forms App
You should have received an email with a download link to the new version of the app.
- Tap on the download link provided in your email.
- In the browser window that opens, tap the link.
- Tap the Install option.
- Wait for the application to download and install. This process could take a few minutes and may not give any visual feedback so it’s recommend that you minimize the browser window and find the app on the home screen.
- When the app has completed the installation process, you should see the new app icon on the home screen.
Trusting the Mobile Forms App
Beginning in version 9.0.2 of the iOS Update for iOS Devices, Apple now requires that you trust any Untrusted Enterprise Apps (basically any app not installed from the Apple Store) which means that you will have to trust our app before being able to use it.
- Upon completion of the app installation, your iOS Device may show a pop up window asking whether or not you would like to trust the app that is being installed.
- If this occurs, press the Trust option.
If you do not get a pop up asking to Trust the Mobile Forms and cannot open the application due to a trust error, please follow these directions:
- Open Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Device Management.
- Tap on Mobile Forms.
- Tap the Trust Field2Base, Inc option.
If the ‘Device Management’ page does not exist on your iPad, then it is likely that the application has already been trusted on your Device.
First Sync After Upgrade
After the upgrade is complete, the Mobiles Forms app will perform its first sync, which is what we call a Base Update, to refresh all of your Company’s data under the hood. This is the same type of update that occurs when you first activate the app so it may result in the UI in the app to not respond as it normally would. For that that reason, during the time that the Base Update is being applied after the upgrade, it is recommended that you leave Mobile Forms open on the Device and wait a few minutes, allowing all of the necessary changes to be made, before interacting with the app again.
Congratulations! You should now have the Field2Base Mobile Forms app upgraded and working with the new version.