This guide is designed to help you properly install the Field2Base Mobile Forms application.
Downloading and Installing the Mobile Forms App
You should have received an email with a download link and an Activation ID. Please follow the instructions below to get your application downloaded and installed.
- Tap on the download link provided in your email.
- In the browser window that opens, tap the link.
- Tap the Install option.
- Wait for the application to download and install. This process could take a few minutes and may not give any visual feedback so it’s recommend that you minimize the browser window and find the app on the home screen.
- When the app has completed the download and installation process, you should see the app icon on the home screen.
Click here for direct access to the iOS Mobile Forms Installer
Trusting the Mobile Forms App
Beginning in version 9.0.2 of the iOS Update for iPads, Apple now requires that you trust any Untrusted Enterprise Apps (basically any app not installed from the Apple Store) which means that you will have to trust our app before being able to use it.
- Upon completion of the app installation, your iPad may show a pop up window asking whether or not you would like to trust the app that is being installed.
- If this occurs, press the Trust option.
If you do not get a pop up asking to Trust the Mobile Forms and cannot open the application due to a trust error, please follow these directions:
- Open Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Device Management.
- Tap on Mobile Forms.
- Tap the Trust Field2Base, Inc option.
Note If the Device Management page does not exist on your iPad, then it is likely that the application has already been trusted on your Device.
Activating the Mobile Forms App
Now that the Mobile Forms app has been installed successfully, the final step in the process is to activate your Device for your Company in the Field2Base cloud.
- Tap on the Mobile Forms app on the Home screen.
- Welcome to Mobile Forms will be displayed the first time you open the app.
- At this point, enter your Activation ID provided in the install e-mail.
Note Please contact your F2B Account Manager if you do not know your Activation ID.
- Tap Activate to begin the activation process.
Note If the Activation fails, the first step is to double check the Activation ID entered and make sure that it matches what was provided to you previously. If it continues to fail after that, contact Field2Base Technical Support with the error message you are receiving.
- Upon activation, you will notice that sections of the Mobile Forms app will be empty. This is to be expected and all of the appropriate resources will get populated in your Recent Forms, PreFills, and Sent Forms sections as soon as they are available.
Note Depending on the number of resources and history your Company has, the population of each section can take anywhere from a few minutes up to an hour so contact your Administrator to find out what to expect.
Congratulations! You should now have the Field2Base Mobile Forms app installed and working.