Field2Base Users with the Mobile Forms Administrator role can manage User Roles and Permissions from the Admin Portal. This allows the F2B Admin(s) for your Company to determine which Users have access to specific features in the Admin Portal. To access your Company's Roles, select the Admin tab from the Admin Portal navigation bar then select Roles from the drop down menu.
The Roles page lists all available User Roles for your Company and a brief description of each. The Roles available are determined by what features your Company has enabled.
Viewing Role Details
You can view which specific permissions are part of a Role by clicking on the View button next to that Role.
Managing Roles for Your Users
You can view or edit the Users with a specific Role by clicking on the Users button next to that Role.
To Add a User to a Role
- Select the User from the Select a user drop-down. You can filter your Users by clicking on the button. You can add a new User to your Company directly from the Role Users page by clicking on the button. You can clear all your set values by clicking on the button.
- Click on the Add button to add the selected User to the Role.
To Remove a User From a Role
Check the User(s) that you want to remove from the Role and click on the Remove button.
Types of Roles
There are two types of Roles, System Roles and Custom Roles.
System Roles are preset, static Roles that cannot be edited. They come standard with any Field2Base Company and provide sets of permissions. The list of System Roles and Permissions available to you depend on the features enabled for your company.
Custom Roles are Roles that Administrators can customize to fit a particular permission set needed. They can be created and edited using the Create Role button on the Roles page.
Creating a Custom Role
- Click on the Create Role button.
- On the Create Role page, enter a name and description for your Custom Role.
- Click on the desired Permissions for that Role.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.