The following document provides a breakdown on the Form Draft Synchronization available for use with the Mobile Forms Apps and the Web App.
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the new Form Draft Syncing feature:
- What version of the Mobile Forms App can take advantage of Form Draft Sync'ing?
Form Draft Sync'ing is available starting with Mobile Forms 6.4.x for Android and iOS Devices.
- How can a Customer enable the Form Draft Syncing feature and how can it
The Form Draft Syncing feature is enabled by your F2B Account Manager and due to it having a significant impact on bandwidth, a review will be scheduled before it's enabled. It is available to be deployed at the Company or User level.
- How does the Form Draft Syncing feature work?
When the Form Draft Syncing feature is enabled, Users will see an additional menu
option labeled Synchronize while filling out Forms in the Mobile Forms App.
- How do I sync a Form Draft in the Mobile Forms app?
Clicking the Synchronize button while filling out the Form in the Mobile Forms App
takes a copy of the Form Draft on the Device and uploads it to the F2B Cloud.
- What happens if I sync multiple versions of the same Form Draft?
When a User updates a Form Draft that was previously synchronized with the F2B Cloud, only the changed values are transmitted and saved in the Form Draft.
- What exactly gets transferred when a Form Draft is synchronized with the
In conjunction with other features included in this version of the Mobile Forms app and
the Server 6.4.1 Release, Form Drafts no longer include background images in the uploads for Forms with dynamically changing pages – the only data
uploaded in the package now are text, photos, videos, and audio (where applicable). This reduces bandwidth and storage requirements for our Customers.
- How does using the Form Draft Syncing feature impact my storage and
Synchronizing up to the Form Drafts to the server and downloading copies of the Form
Drafts will cause an increase in Bandwidth on Devices, but the size should be about the
same size (if not smaller with the above changes) of Sent Forms.
- If I create a Form Draft in the Web App, does it work with this feature?
When this feature is enabled, Form Drafts created in the Web App will be downloaded to the User’s Mobile Forms App if they are setup on a Device.
- What happens if a Form Draft is synchronized and I have multiple Devices
assigned to the same User?
Once a Form Draft is successfully synchronized with the F2B Cloud, other Devices
assigned to the User with the feature enabled will download a copy of the Form Draft the
next time they sync with the F2B Cloud.
- What happens if a Form Draft is synchronized and the User also has a Web App access?
Once a Form Draft is successfully synchronized with the F2B servers, Users with access
to the Web App will see the Draft available in their Saved Drafts section.
- What happens to a Form Draft that has been synchronized with this feature once it has been completed and sent in for processing?
When a synchronized Form Draft is completed and sent in to the F2B Cloud, the
Devices that have a copy will automatically remove the Draft from their list of Drafts the
next time the app syncs with our servers.
- Will the Form Draft Sync'ing feature work with older versions of the Mobile Forms App?
As with many of our features, you must upgrade the app on all of your Devices to the version that first supported this functionality. This means you must be running at least Mobile Forms version 6.4.x on all Devices on a Company to allow Form Draft Sync'ing between Devices.
- Is there a place to view all my Company’s Form Drafts that are currently synchronized with the F2B Cloud?
There is no centralized Form Draft section in the Admin Portal that Administrators can view. Form Drafts are associated with an individual User and can only be accessed by that User in the app on a Device or in the Web App.
Saving and Synchronizing Form Drafts
Use the following steps to synchronize your saved Form Drafts.
- Open the Form Draft you want to synchronize in your Mobile Device.
- Press Menu (or ⋮ ) to open the dropdown menu.
- Select Synchronize to upload the Form Draft to the F2B Server. The Success popup
- Access the Form Draft on your other Mobile Devices and in your F2B Web App.