F2B Workflow Administrators have the ability to create a Basic Workflow definition for a Form by setting up triggers, groups, and e-mail notifications.
A Basic workflow will add an approval step to a Sent Form, allowing it to be approved/rejected/re-assigned according to your business logic. A Basic Workflow can be set up to allow a User or group Users to edit and approve a Sent Form.
F2B also offers Custom Workflows with multiple approval steps or advanced logic. Custom Workflows can be implemented by our Professional Services Team. Please contact us here for more information on Custom Workflow design and implementation.
Creating a Basic Workflow
Use the following steps to create a basic workflow in the Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Workflow > Definitions.
- Click Create Basic Workflow.
- Enter the title for your Workflow in Basic Workflow Name (A). The Precedence (B) of a Workflow takes effect when there is more than one Workflow enabled for the same Form. A smaller number means higher priority.
- Select the Folder and/or Form from the Trigger drop-down lists (D & E) that will trigger the basic workflow.
- Select your Basic WF Approval Group (F). Click Users then select possible Approvers from the drop-down list of Users. The Sent Form will appear in all of the Approvers' queues until it has been changed (approved, deleted or sent back) by one of the Approvers. Check Generate E-Mails when Forms arrive in the Workflow? (G) to send a notification email when Forms arrive in the Workflow and are waiting to be approved. An Approver can edit the Form as needed before taking one of the following actions:
- Approve: The form will be sent through the workflow and released to the server as a Sent Form.
- Send Back to Field: The Form will be sent back to the original User.
- Delete: The Form will be deleted.
- Select your Basic WF Recipient Group (H). Click Users then select Recipients from the drop-down list of Users. Check Generate E-Mails when Forms are approved in the Workflow? (I) to send emails when a Form is approved.
- Check Workflow Enabled (C) in order to apply the Workflow.
- Click Create to save your Basic Workflow.
Make sure any Users that are part of the Approval Group are assigned the role of Workflow User (Admin > Users) so that they have the ability to log in to their Workflow Queues. The Workflow Administrator role allows a User to create Basic Workflows and view the current status of Company Workflows.
Basic Workflow vs. Custom Workflow
Basic Workflows include a step for your Form(s) to be approved, deleted or re-assigned. Once approved, your Form(s) are sent to the Recipient Group. Custom Workflows offer many more options and can even follow multiple workflow paths based on data from the Form. For example, if a job site is marked unsafe on the Form, it is sent to a particular group for evaluation but if the site is marked as safe, the Form will go to the final billing group. A Custom Workflow can have multiple steps or branches to meet your business needs.
Basic Workflows include two groups in a Company: the Basic WF Approval Group and the Basic WF Recipient Group. Custom Workflows can have as many groups as needed for the Company. For example, the groups could be departments that a form moves through sequentially or a number of branches where a Form could be sent for review depending on a region value or the sender of the Form.