This article describes the options for managing your company's Users and Optional Recipients. To access your company's Users, select the Admin tab from the Admin Portal navigation bar then select Users from the drop down menu.
User vs. Recipient
A User is someone who has an account to access the Field2Base system. A User can have different roles set within the Admin Portal. For example, a User can be a driver who is accessing Field2Base on a mobile device, an office administrator who is designing and publishing forms or a manager who is approving a form in workflow.
A Recipient is purely a name and an email address which is available to your company's users. Recipients are designed to be part of an “Address Book” which users can quickly select to send forms to. Recipients do not have access to any components of the Field2Base system.
Viewing Users and Recipients
You can view a list of your company's Users and Recipients on the Admin Portal Users page. You can sort your list by clicking on the hyperlinked column headers (in blue) and you can filter by user type, project, user name and user e-mail. You can also download a CSV file of your list by clicking the Excel button.
Adding a User
1. Click the Create User button.
2. Fill in all User information. A username, password, first name, last name and email address are required for all Users. You can send the username and password information to your new User by checking Send Password in Email. You can also send Field2Base product installers to your new User by clicking the Send Product Installer button.
3. Select which Folder(s) this User will have access to. A User should be associated with at least one Folder and can have access to multiple Folders.
|Note||Users can also be associated with Folders on the Folders page of the Admin Portal when creating or editing a Folder.|
4. Select which Group(s) this User needs to be part of. Groups are used for basic or custom workflows and are not applicable to all Companies.
5. Select which Role(s) this User needs to have. A description of available Roles can be found on the Admin Portal Roles page.
6. Leave Consolidate attachments sent to this user into a single PDF checked if you want this User to receive submitted Forms as a single PDF file. If you uncheck this box, this User will receive submitted forms as a JPEG file for each page of the form.
|Note||This box is checked by default.|
7. Leave Include on Form optional recipients lists checked if you want this User to included as an Optional Recipient for forms on their Folder(s). A list of Optional Recipients is available when a Form in sent from the Mobile Forms application. If this User will never need to receive a Form, you can uncheck this box.
|Note||This box is checked by default.|
Adding a Recipient
1. Click on the Create Recipient button.
2. Fill in all Recipient information and select which Folders you want the Recipient to be associated with. All Forms in those Folders will include this email in the list of Optional Recipients when being sent from the Mobile Forms app.
|Note||Make sure to check the Include on Form optional recipients lists box. It is not checked by default. We also recommend checking the Consolidate attachments button so the Recipient receives the form in a single PDF file instead of a separate JPEG for each page of the form.|
Sending a Product Installer
Our product installer(s) can be sent to specific User(s) directly from the Users page.
1. Check the box next to the User(s) you want to send a Field2Base product installer to and click the Send Product Installer button.
2. Check the box(es) next to the products you want to send to your User(s) then click the Send Product Installer button.
Editing User or Recipient Profile
1. Click on the Edit button next to the User's or Recipient's name.
2. Change the User information as needed and click the Update button to save the updated User profile. Refer to the sections on Adding a User or Adding a Recipient for details on information in the User profile.
Deleting a User or Recipient
1. Check the box next to the User(s) you want to delete and click the Delete button. You will get a popup asking you to confirm that you want to delete the User.
2. Click Yes or No to confirm or cancel deleting the User.