This guide is designed to help you properly re-install the Field2Base Mobile Forms app.
This is useful if you are experiencing problems connecting, sending/receiving data, or viewing/submitting forms on your mobile device. If your device is out of sync with the server, a reinstall may be required.
Uninstalling Mobile Forms
Uninstalling Mobile Forms will wipe all of your saved Drafts from the Device. Please make sure to send all Drafts before uninstalling Mobile Forms as they will not be accessible after you uninstall/reinstall.
- Long press (hold down) on the Mobile Forms Application Icon.
- When the icons on the home screen begin to wiggle, press the ‘x’ above the Mobile Forms Application Icon. This will remove Mobile Forms from the Device entirely.
Resetting your Device
To get your device ready for a re-install, you must first reset it on the Admin Portal.
- Log in to the Web Admin Portal.
- Go to Admin > Licenses and Devices.
- Check the box next to the Device and click the Reset Devices Button.
A confirmation email with the Activation ID is sent.
Downloading and Installing Mobile Forms
You should have received an email with a download link and an Activation ID. If not, then click on:
Please follow the instructions below to get your application downloaded and installed.
- Tap on the download link provided (the f2b icon will work as well).
- Tap Install.
- Wait for the application to download and install (the install could take a few minutes and may not give any visual feedback so it is recommend that you minimize the browser window and find the app on the home screen).
- When the app has completed the download and installation process, the F2B Mobile Forms app icon displays on the home screen.
Trusting the Mobile Forms App
Beginning in version 9.0.2 of the iOS Update for iOS Devices, Apple now requires that you trust any Untrusted Enterprise Apps (basically any app not installed from the Apple Store) which means that you will have to trust our app before being able to use it.
Please follow the instructions below to trust the app.
- When opening the app, your iOS device may show a pop up window saying "Untrusted Enterprise Developer". If this occurs, click on the Cancel button.
Open Settings from the Home screen. (It is shown as a gear icon)
Tap on General.
Tap on Device Management. (You may have to scroll down the page to see it).
Tap on Field2Base, Inc.
- Tap the Trust “Field2Base, Inc” option.
- On the Trust "iPhone Distribution: Field2Base, Inc" Apps on this iPad, click on Trust.
- Click on the home button to exit out of the settings screen.
Activating the Mobile Forms App
Now that the Mobile Forms app has been installed successfully, the final step in the process is to activate your Device for your Company in the Field2Base cloud.
Please follow the instructions below to activate the app.
- Tap on the Mobile Forms app on the Home screen.
- A "Welcome to Mobile Forms" will be displayed the first time you open the app. Enter the activation ID provided to you in your email.
- Click on Activate.
- After the syncing icon is done, then you are good to go!
|Note||Please wait for all of your forms to load on the Field2Base application. Do not close out of the application as it must remain open to load your forms. Depending on the number of resources and history your Company has, the population of each section can take anywhere from a few minutes up to an hour to load all of your forms. This is only done on the install.|
If the Activation fails, the first step is to double check the Activation ID entered and make sure that it matches what was provided to you previously. If it continues to fail after that, contact Field2Base Technical Support with the error message you are receiving.
Congratulations! You should now have the Field2Base Mobile Forms app installed and working. If you are still experiencing any issues with the operation of your app not covered in this document, please contact Field2Base Technical Support.E-Mail: F2BSupport@field2base.com