This guide is designed to help you properly re-install the Field2Base Mobile Forms app.
This is useful if you are experiencing problems connecting, sending/receiving data, or viewing/submitting forms on your mobile device. If your device is out of sync with the server, a reinstall may be required.
This guide will walk you through:
Uninstalling Mobile Forms
Uninstalling Mobile Forms will wipe all of your saved Drafts from the Device. Please make sure to send all Drafts before uninstalling Mobile Forms as they will not be accessible after you uninstall/reinstall.
- Long press (hold down) on the Mobile Forms Application Icon.
- When the icons turns grey and you see an option at the top to Create Folder or Delete, drag the icon to the delete area. This will remove Mobile Forms from the Device entirely.
Resetting your Device
To get your device ready for a re-install, you must first reset it on the Admin Portal.
- Log in to Admin Portal.
- Go to Admin -> Licenses and Devices.
- Check the box next to the Device and click the Reset Devices button.
A confirmation email with the Activation ID is sent.
Downloading and Installing Mobile Forms
- Please click on the appropriate link below:
- Mobile Forms for Android PHONES
- Mobile Forms for Android TABLETS
- When asked if you wish to download again, click on "Download".
- After it finished downloading, a small screen will appear at the bottom of the screen telling you it has completed downloading, tap on OPEN.
Note This screen stays open only a short time. If you didn't click on it in time, then follow the steps below. If you did click open, then skip to step #4
- Click on the APPLICATIONS icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Scroll left or right and find the "My Files" icon.
- On the left-hand side scroll to "Download history" and tap on it.
- On the left-hand side, find and click on "mobile-forms.apk" (It might have a # after the forms such as (2) or (3), etc.
- The next screen will ask if you want to install. Click on "INSTALL".
- If it says "Install Blocked", then proceed to the next section Trusting the Mobile Forms App. If not, then skip to the next section Activating Mobile Forms.
Trusting the Mobile Forms App
- On the left-hand side, scroll down to Security. Tap on that.
- On the right-hand side, tap on the box next to "Unknown Sources".
- Click on "OK" on the Unknown sources pop-up.
- Click on the Applications icon again.
- Scroll to the left or right and find the Mobile Forms icon. Tap on the icon.
Activating Mobile Forms
Now that the Mobile Forms app has been installed successfully, the final step in the process is to activate your Device for your Company in the Field2Base cloud.
Please follow the instructions below to activate the app.
- Tap on the Mobile Forms app.
- A "Welcome to Mobile Forms" will be displayed the first time you open the app. Use the Activation ID you received in your email. It is not case-sensitive.
- Click on Activate.
- After the syncing icon is done, then you are good to go!
|Note||Please wait for all of your forms to load on the Field2Base application. Do not close out of the application as it must remain open to load your forms. Depending on the number of resources and history your Company has, the population of each section can take anywhere from a few minutes up to an hour to load all of your forms. This is only done on the install.
If you get an error message saying that it is not a valid activation ID, then please contact Field2Base support.
If the Activation fails, the first step is to double check the Activation ID entered and make sure that it matches what was provided to you previously. If it continues to fail after that, contact Field2Base Technical Support with the error message you are receiving.
Congratulations! You should now have the Field2Base Mobile Forms app installed and working. If you are still experiencing any issues with the operation of your app not covered in this document, please contact Field2Base Technical Support. E-Mail: F2BSupport@field2base.com