This document will familiarize you with the process behind resetting your installation of the Field2Base Data Integration Module (DIM).
**What circumstances would require a customer to reset their EDM?
Understanding an Integration Suite Reset
Resetting the DIM returns the application to the initial state it was in upon installation. Resetting clears all of the recorded Logs and deletes all items from the Queue, allowing the user to start from scratch without resetting their previously designed DIM Projects.
The DIM defaults to downloading the entire History for the Form defined in your DIM Project. Depending on the size of your Company’s history and Form you may not want to download all of the Sent Form data. To avoid this you can modify the minRfiTimestamp in the DIM Project’s XML file which specifies the amount of data downloaded. For more information and instructions on how to make this change, please see Appendix E in the DIM User Guide.
Backing Up your DIM Files
As a standard practice, when resetting the DIM, Field2Base recommends you back up your DIM Database Files before replacing them in case there is an error during the reset.
The files to back up are found in the DIM Program Files folder and include the following files:
Resetting the DIM
The following steps allow you to reset the DIM.
- Stop the Service using the DIM Admin Utility by clicking the Stop button.
- Close the Admin Utility.
- Move or Delete the existing SDF Files (Transformer.sdf and Logs.sdf) found in the DIM Program Files folder.
- Download blank DIM Database Files from here: DIM Database Files
- Extract and Save the following SDF Files to the DIM Program Files folder.
- Overwrite the existing files when prompted.
- Click Start to start the DIM Service.
The DIM reset is complete and ready to process Sent Form data in the initial state.