This document walks through the process of configuring the Data Upload Utility (DUU) already installed on your Company’s PC or Server to automatically upload Form Data Files to the Field2Base Cloud.
Before you proceed with configuring the DUU, the following elements that drive the processing of the DUU need to be known:
- The Directory or Folder Location(s) where the Form Data Files will be placed for upload
- The Data Upload Service Account Login credentials for your Company
If you do not have these two elements defined, do not proceed any further.
Using the Data Upload Admin Utility
To begin configuring your install of the DUU, you must first start the DUU Administrator Utility which can be accessed by doing the following:
1. Go to the Start Menu
2. Select All Programs/Apps
3. Select F2B Data Upload
4. Select F2B Data Upload Admin
5. Click Yes if prompted by Windows Access Control
Configuring a Directory
Now that you are in the Administrator Utility, you will need to setup the first Directory for the DUU to monitor by doing the following:
1. Go to the Configuration tab
2. Click the Add Directory button
3. Click Browse under Incoming Directory
4. Browse to the folder location you want the DUU to scan for files to be uploaded and click OK. This is known as the Incoming Directory.
Next, just as with the incoming Directory, you will need to set up the Archive Directory. The Archive Directory is where files that have been processed and uploaded are stored.
5. Click the Browse button under Archive Directory
6. Browse to the folder location of your choice you would like to store archived files
7. Click OK
The finished Directory configuration should look something like this.
Setting up the DUU Service Account
Now that you have set up the first Directory that is being watched, you will need to set up your Company’s DUU Service Account by doing the following:
1. The next step is clicking Add a Destination if one doesn’t exist, or simply selecting the ‘company not set’ line on the left if one already exists. The Destination in this case is the target Company where the utility will be uploading the Form Data File.
2. Once you click Add Destination, enter your Company’s Login Credentials for DUU Service Account.
NOTE: For this example, we are using a Test Company (Company ID: 373). Feel free to use this Company ID or set the DUU up for your own Company instead.
Applying the Configuration
Once all configuration changes have been made, you will need to save those changes by doing the following:
1. Click the Apply button at the bottom left of the window.
NOTE: Remember that each time you update anything on the Configuration tab, you will need to click the Apply button for it to be saved.
Running the Service
Now that the Configuration has been completed, the actual DUU Service needs to be started which can be done by doing the following:
1. Leave the configuration tab and click on the Service tab.
2. On the Service tab, click the Start button
3. After starting the Service, you will want to check to make sure the service has started correctly. To do so, navigate to the Logs tab. You should see “Upload Service Started” if the Service has started correctly.
Also, if the Forms you prepared have been successfully uploaded, that will be reflected in the Logs section like in the screenshot above.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can go to the Computer Management > Services section, selecting F2B Data Upload Service and clicking the Start Service button.
Congratulations! The DUU Configuration for monitoring a single Directory is now complete!
Additional Configuration Options
Now that you’ve created a single Directory and Destination, let’s take a moment and expand that to include multiple Destinations and Directories.
If you want to add more Directories to monitor or to add more Companies to have Form Data Files be uploaded to them, please do the following:
For Adding Multiple Directories:
1. Select the Uploads branch at the top of the tree in the left window and click Add Directory to start the process over again. You’ll notice this creates a new Directory listing on the left awaiting the specification of the incoming and Archive Directories.
2. Specify the Directories by browsing, just as before. You can create any number of different Directories to be monitored or set for archiving.
For Creating Multiple Destinations under a Directory:
Companies are specified underneath the Directories you have set up. You can have the DUU upload to multiple Companies (Destinations) by setting up additional Destinations under a single Directory.
1. Select a preexisting Directory and click Add Destination
2. This will allow you to enter in a second set of Company credentials. Enter the second Destination’s credentials and click Apply.
Once you have configured multiple Directories for the DUU to monitor and set the Companies you would like to upload to, you should see Logs in the Logs section similar to the ones below confirming that the Forms in those Directories have been uploaded successfully.
If you are still experiencing any issues or have questions with the configuration of the DUU not covered in this document, please contact Field2Base Technical Support. E-Mail: F2BSupport@field2base.com