This guide is designed to help you properly re-install the Field2Base Mobile Forms app on iOS Devices.
Re-installing can be useful if you are experiencing problems connecting, sending/receiving data, or viewing/submitting Forms on your Mobile Device. If your Device is out of sync with the server, a re-install may be required.
Uninstalling Mobile Forms
Uninstalling Mobile Forms will wipe all of your saved Drafts from the Device. Please make sure to send all Drafts before uninstalling Mobile Forms as they will not be accessible after you uninstall/reinstall.
- Long press (hold down) on the Mobile Forms Application Icon.
- When the icons on the home screen begin to wiggle, press the ‘x’ above the Mobile Forms Application Icon. This will remove the Mobile Forms application from your device.
Resetting your Device
To get your Device ready for a re-install, you must first reset it on the Admin Portal.
- Log in to Admin Portal.
- Go to Admin -> Licenses and Devices.
You must have Mobile Forms Administrator access in Admin Portal to access the Licenses and Devices page.
- Check the box next to the Device and click the Reset Devices button.
A confirmation email with the download link and your Activation ID will automatically be sent to you.
Downloading and Installing Mobile Forms
- Tap on the download link provided in your email. You can also download Mobile Forms from the Admin Portal Downloads page.
- Tap Install.
- Wait for the application to download and install. The install can take a few minutes and may not give any visual feedback when it is finished. It is recommend that you minimize the browser window and look for the Mobile Forms icon on the home screen.
Trusting the Mobile Forms Application
Beginning in version 9.0.2 of the iOS Update, Apple now requires that you trust any Untrusted Enterprise Apps (basically any app not installed from the Apple Store).
- When opening the app, your iOS device may show a pop up window saying "Untrusted Enterprise Developer". If this occurs, click on the Cancel button.
Open Settings from the Home screen.
Tap on General > Device Management. (You may have to scroll down the page to see it).
Tap on Field2Base, Inc.
- Tap on Trust “Field2Base, Inc”.
- On the Trust "iPhone Distribution: Field2Base, Inc" Apps on this iPad pop-up, click on Trust.
- Click on the home button to go back to your home screen.
Activating the Mobile Forms App
Now that the Mobile Forms app has been installed successfully, the final step in the process is to activate your Device in the Field2Base cloud.
- Tap on the Mobile Forms app on the Home screen.
- A Welcome to Mobile Forms screen will be displayed the first time you open the app. Enter the activation ID provided to you in your email (it is not case-sensitive). Click on Activate.
- Please wait for all of your Forms to load on the Field2Base application. Do not close out of the application as it must remain open to load your Forms. It can can take anywhere from a few minutes up to an hour to load all of your Forms depending on the number of resources and history for your Company.
|Note||If the Activation fails, the first step is to double check the Activation ID entered and make sure that it matches what was provided to you previously. If it continues to fail after that, contact Field2Base Technical Support with the error message you are receiving.|