This guide is designed to help you properly re-install the Field2Base Mobile Forms app on Android Devices.
Re-installing can be useful if you are experiencing problems connecting, sending/receiving data, or viewing/submitting Forms on your Mobile Device. If your Device is out of sync with the server, a re-install may be required.
Uninstalling Mobile Forms
Uninstalling Mobile Forms will wipe all of your saved Drafts from the Device. Please make sure to send all Drafts before uninstalling Mobile Forms as they will not be accessible after you uninstall/reinstall.
- Long press (hold down) on the Mobile Forms Application icon until it turns grey.
- When the icons turns grey and you see an option at the top to Create Folder or Delete, drag the icon to the delete area. This will remove Mobile Forms from the Device entirely.
Resetting your Device
To get your Device ready for a re-install, you must first reset it on the Admin Portal.
- Log in to Admin Portal.
- Go to Admin -> Licenses and Devices.
You must have Mobile Forms Administrator access in Admin Portal to access the Licenses and Devices page.
- Check the box next to the Device and click the Reset Devices button.
A confirmation email with the download link and your Activation ID will automatically be sent to you.
Downloading and Installing Mobile Forms
- Tap on the download link in your email or go to the Admin Portal Downloads page and click the Download button for the version of Mobile Forms that you need.
- When asked if you wish to download again, click the Download button.
- Once the download is complete, a small screen will appear at the bottom of the screen, tap on OPEN.
Note This screen stays open only a short time. If you didn't click on it in time, then follow steps #4-8 below. If you did click open, then skip to step #8.
- Click on the APPLICATIONS icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Scroll left or right and find the "My Files" icon.
- On the left-hand side scroll to "Download history" and tap on it.
- On the left-hand side, find and click on "Mobile-Forms.apk".
- The next screen will ask if you want to install. Click on "INSTALL".
- If it says "Install Blocked", then proceed to the next section Trusting the Mobile Forms App. If not, then skip to the next section Activating Mobile Forms.
Trusting the Mobile Forms Application
- Scroll down to Security and tap on it.
- Tap on the box next to "Unknown Sources".
- Click on "OK" on the Unknown sources pop-up.
- Click on the Applications icon again.
- Scroll to the left or right and tap the Mobile Forms icon to open the app.
Activating Mobile Forms
Now that the Mobile Forms app has been installed successfully, the final step in the process is to activate your Device in the Field2Base cloud.
- A Welcome to Mobile Forms screen will be displayed the first time you open the app. Enter the Activation ID you received in your email (it is not case-sensitive). Click on Activate.
- Please wait for all of your Forms to load on the Field2Base application. Do not close out of the application as it must remain open to load your Forms. It can can take anywhere from a few minutes up to an hour to load all of your Forms depending on the number of resources and history for your Company.
|Note||If the Activation fails, the first step is to double check the Activation ID entered and make sure that it matches what was provided to you previously. If it continues to fail after that, contact Field2Base Technical Support with the error message you are receiving.|