This document details the 6.5 Beta release of our Forms Designer application.
- Added E-Mail Region Type [FD-67]
A new Region Type for E-Mail Regions has been added to Forms that allows users to easily enter e-mail addresses into a Form. E-Mail Regions can be configured to use the Sender's E-Mail Address or to mirror a value from another Region. Designers can also choose to automatically store the e-mail address entered into the Region as Recipients in the local Address Book when the Form gets sent.
- Added Unique ID Region Type [FD-68]
A new Region Type for Unique ID Regions has been added to Forms that allows users to easily populate Unique IDs into a Form. Designers have numerous trigger options on when to populate and numerous options on how to identify which Unique ID queue to use.
- Updated Forms Designer to Not Enable the Analytics Capture by Default [SB-172]
New Regions created in Forms Designer have the option for capturing data in Analytics disabled by default.
- Added the Ability to Disable SmartFill for an Entire Form [FD-53]
A new Form Property was added that will disable Quick Copy for the entire Form. When Quick Copy is disabled for a Form, the option to initiate Quick Copy is unavailable in Sent Forms in the Apps.
- Added the Ability to Disable Page Swipe in Form Properties [FD-71]
A new Form Property was added that will disable the ability for App Users to navigate a Form using the page swipe geatures. In Designer's Preview Mode, the Web Client, and Workflow, Forms with page swipe navigation disabled no longer display the page navigation UI.
- Added the Ability to Edit the Form Template ID in Form Properties [FD-69]
Form Designer can now directly edit a Template ID by clicking the Edit button next to the Form ID field in Form Properties.
- Added Find and Replace Functionality to the Script Section in Designer [FD-70]
The Script section in Forms Designer now allows Users to find and replace text. The standard keyboard shortcuts of Ctrl+F for Find, F3 for Find Next, and Ctrl+H for Replace are all supported.
- Added Toggle for Line Numbers and Go To Line Functionality to Designer [FD-73]
The Script section in Forms Designer now displays the Line Numbers in the window and allows Users to use the Go To Line command. Line Numbers are shown by default and the standard keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+G is supported.
- Updated Forms Designer to Enable the Keyboard by Default in Preview Mode [SB-147]
In Forms Designer Preview Mode, the Enable Keyboard option is enabled by default.
- Added Validate + Send Functionality to Preview Mode in Designer [FD-72]
Forms Designer's Preview Mode has a new Validate + Send Button that allows Designer to test their Form Sending scripting without having to publish their Forms to their Apps.
- Updated Forms Designer with New Terminology [SB-183]
Forms Designer was updated to reflect new terminology that will be used throughout all Field2Base products.
- Implemented Retrieving the Most Recently Sent Form Functionality (Forms Designer) [SB-83]
Forms can be designed to allow App Users to search and view the recently Sent Forms (as PDFs) using the new Field2Base.showSentForm method added to the Scripting Engine. This new functionality is supported in Preview Mode for testing.
- Implemented Claim Workflows Functionality in Forms Designer [SB-126]
In conjunction with the new Sent Form Retrieval functionality, Forms can be designed to allow App Users to claim Forms in the Pending Tablet Edit state from Workflow using the Field2Base.claimWorkflow method added to the Scripting Engine. This new functionality is supported in Preview Mode for testing.