This document details the 6.5 Beta release of our Data Integration Module (DIM).
- Integrated the SQL Compact Edition SP2 3.5 Prerequisite into the DIM Installer [SB-120]
SQL Compact Edition 3.5 SP2 no longer needs to be installed separately as a prerequisite. In its place, SQL Server Compact Edition 4.0 has been directly integrated into the installer.
- Implemented a New Activation Process for the DIM [DIM-37]
Every DIM installation must now be activated by a Company Administrator after the first time the application is installed. This allows better remote management of EDM installations including suspending and disabling installations that should not be active.
- Added Automated Update Process to the DIM [DIM-39]
The DIM Service Admin automatically checks for updates and gives the user the option to install the latest version when available.
- Updated the DIM Installer to Preserve Customer Files and Settings during the Upgrade Process [DIM-38]
Custom DIM configuration such as e-mail alert settings can be preserved during upgrades by putting them in a separate config.xml file. Custom DIM service configuration such as changing the Windows account for the service will be retained in the future when upgrading from EDM 6.5 or later.
- Update DIM with New Terminology [SB-186]
The DIM was updated to reflect new terminology that will be used throughout all Field2Base products.
- Migrated DIM Projects to New Folder Location in Install [SB-197]
DIM Project files now get saved in a folder named Projects instead of Jobs. The DIM moves existing files in the Jobs folder to the Projects folder the first time the DIM Service or the DIM Project Manager are run after upgrading.
NOTE: If a Project cannot be moved for some reason then the DIM Service will not start and the DIM Project Manager will show an error message. In this case, manual intervention will be required to ensure that existing DIM Projects are moved to the correct folder.