This document details the 6.5 Beta release of our Enterprise Dispatch Module (EDM).
- Integrated the SQL Compact Edition SP2 3.5 Prerequisite into the EDM Installer [SB-121]
SQL Compact Edition 3.5 SP2 no longer needs to be installed separately as a prerequisite. In its place, SQL Server Compact Edition 4.0 has been directly integrated into the installer.
- Implemented a New Activation Process for the EDM [EDM-20]
Every EDM installation must now be activated by a Company Administrator after the first time the application is installed. This allows better remote management of EDM installations including suspending and disabling installations that should not be active.
- Added Automated Update Process to the EDM [EDM-21]
The EDM Service Admin automatically checks for updates and gives the user the option to install the latest version when available.
- Updated the EDM Installer to Preserve Customer Files and Settings during the Upgrade Process [EDM-22]
Custom EDM configuration such as e-mail alert settings can be preserved during upgrades by putting them in a separate config.xml file. Custom EDM service configuration such as changing the Windows account for the service will be retained in the future when upgrading from EDM 6.5 or later.
- Update EDM with New Terminology [SB-185]
The EDM was updated to reflect new terminology that will be used throughout all Field2Base products.
- Migrated EDM Projects to New Folder Location in Install [SB-198]
EDM Project files now get saved in a folder named Projects instead of Jobs. The EDM moves existing files in the Jobs folder to the Projects folder the first time the EDM Service or the EDM Project Manager are run after upgrading.
NOTE: If a Project cannot be moved for some reason then the EDM Service will not start and the EDM Project Manager will show an error message. In this case, manual intervention will be required to ensure that existing EDM Projects are moved to the correct folder.