This document details the 6.5 Beta release of our Mobile Forms application for iOS devices.
Released in 6/29/2018 Build
- Fix the Main Menu UI for Larger iPad Pro Models [SB-334]
Updated the iOS app to not dynamically fill the screen when the Main Menu is loaded to accomodate larger screens like the iPad Pro 10.5" and 12.9".
- Fix the Crash Occuring when Using Clear Image on an Empty Camera Region in iOS [SB-332]
Fix the crash that occurs when you select the Clear Image option on a Camera Region that has no photo inserted.
- Fix Datasource Region Lists UI in iOS 18.104.22.168 Beta [SB-321]
Updated the standard drop down list UI for Datasource Regions in the iOS App to dynamically grow the items list based on contents instead of always having blank items in the list.
Released in 6/15/2018 Build
- Update the iOS App to Remember Completed Work Orders that are Pending Upload [SB-299]
Fixed an issue that caused completed Work Orders to reappear in My Work after a Base Update (i.e. logout/login, changing Users, etc.) that could cause the app to lose information about Work Orders that had been sent from the Device but had not yet been processed by the server.
- Investigate and Fix the Long Press Menu for Pen Regions on iPhones [SB-311]
Fixed an issue where long press gestures were not being recognized in Pen Regions with inking always enabled.
- Fix SQL Datasource Region Discrepancies in iOS [SB-306]
Fixed an issue with with Datasource Regions where the dropdown arrow was being displayed after the Region was unlocked even though there were no items in the dropdown list.
- Improve the Add New Value UI for Datasource Regions with Search Enabled in iOS [SB-305]
Fixed an issue with Datasource Regions where the Add New Value entry field was not correctly reflecting the changes made when clearing the value through the UI or scripting.
- Prevent Line Break Addition when Pressing Done Button on Unlocked Datasource Regions in iOS [SB-304]
Fixed an issue with Datasource Regions where unlocking a Region causes line breaks to be appended to Region values when using the Add New Value option.
Released in 6/7/2018 Build
- Investigate and Update iOS App to Run the File Size Check Prior to Scripting Events [SB-272]
The Form File Size check is now performed before the Form_Validation and Form_Sending Scripting Events are called.
- Fix Datasource Region Discrepancies between iOS and Android in 6.5 [SB-252]
A change was made to properly display Datasource Regions in iOS App so that the behavior matches what Users experience in the Android App.
- Investigate and Fix Why PDFs in Online Docs are Not Using Page Visibility from iOS Devices [SB-269]
Fixed an issue where Recipient Page Visibility was not getting set correctly when scripting was used to hide a Recipient Visible Only Page.
- Fix Issues with Sent Form Purging in the iOS App [SB-268]
A change was made to the iOS App's Sent Form Purging mechanism so that it occurs when the the app starts and then performs the purge every 10 minutes after that.
Released in 4/30/2018 Build
- Added My Work Indicator to Mobile Forms App Icon (iOS) [SB-28]
The Mobile Forms App icon now shows a badge number indicating the number of Work Orders currently in the My Work section.
- Updated iOS App with New Terminology [SB-181]
The iOS app was updated to reflect new terminology that will be used throughout all Field2Base products.
- Implemented Retrieving the Most Recently Sent Form Functionality (iOS) [SB-80]
Forms can be designed to allow App Users to search and view the recently Sent Forms (as PDFs) using the new Field2Base.showSentForm method added to the Scripting Engine.
- Implemented Claim Workflows Functionality in iOS [SB-124]
In conjunction with the new Sent Form Retrieval functionality, Forms can be designed to allow App Users to claim Forms in the Pending Tablet Edit state from Workflow using the Field2Base.claimWorkflow method added to the Scripting Engine.
- Prevented Multiple Simultaneous Sync Attempts in iOS [SB-117]
Fixed an issue where multiple simultaneous sync attempts were preventing the iOS app from receiving updates which resulted in the app having to be re-installed.
- Investigated and Fixed Why iOS App is Crashing when Accessing Sent Forms or Using Quick Copy [SB-144]
A change was made to allow the User to open Sent Forms that reference an older version of a published Form.
- Stopped the iOS App from Crashing when Opening the Address Book [SB-223]
A change was made to prevent the iOS app from crashing when accessing the Address Book in the Settings menu.
- Fixed Crashes Occurring for Audio and Video Regions in iOS [SB-224]
A change was made to prevent the iOS app from crashing when accessing Audio and Video Regions.
- Fixed an Issue Where iOS App Crashes When Downloading a Server Draft [SB-169]
A change was made to prevent the app from downloading Form Drafts until the eForm template associated with the Draft has been downloaded first.
- Investigated and Fixed Why SQL Datasource Region Does Not Initially Populate in iOS [SB-231]
A change was made to ensure SQL Datasource Regions with only one item in their drop down lists still populate correctly when the Form Draft is started.
- Fixed Issue Where SQL Datasource Region Didn't Initially Populate in iOS [SB-242]
A change was made to ensure SQL Datasource Regions with no contents in their drop down lists still allow Users to enter values in iOS.
- Fixed an Issue Where Signature is Not Visible in Sent Form from iOS Device [SB-230]
A change was made to prevent Pen Regions from mistakenly passing Region validation when there was no ink in the Region.
- Fixed an Issue with Characters Being Inserted into Regions after Form is Sent in iOS [SB-222]
A change was made to eliminate 'A' characters from being inserted in front of Unicode characters (i.e. ® or ™) in Sent Forms on the iOS app.
- Fixed Issue where iOS References the Wrong Form Template Resource for Sent Forms [SB-151]
A change was made to resolve issues with viewing Sent Forms or using Quick Copy on Sent Forms that referenced older versions of published Forms.