One of the DIM out of box features is the ability to export your Form data into a CSV format file. A CSV file is meant for data integration such as importing back to your database, or CRM, etc. If you want to use Excel to manage your data, you can use the CSV file (exported through the DIM) as your Excel Data source.
Creating a CSV Data Source
- Open a Excel book
- Click on the Data tab
- Click From Text/CSV
- Select the CSV file you want to import as your Excel Data source then click Import
- In the preview window, you will be able to view the parsed data with the default CSV settings.
- Make sure the Delimiter is set to Comma so the data is parsed correctly
- Click on the Load button in the bottom to create your CSV data source
- Save your sheet with a meaningful name
Creating a Data View
- Create another sheet such as "View"
- You can now use Excel feature such as Formulas or Charts to create your own data views.
Sample Data Views
A SUM() and AVG() function based on imported CSV data
A Bar chart shows time per store based on imported CSV data
Since the CSV file has been linked as your data source, whenever the CSV is updated, you can get the latest data by clicking on Refresh All button under the Data tab. This will allow Excel to import the new data and change your View to show the updated data.