The purpose of this document is to familiarize you with how to upload new Users in bulk. Using the Admin Portal, a CSV file is used to import large groups as well as their specifications. This saves time and allows for quicker deployment.
To import a large group of Users, you'll use the Import Contacts feature. Log in to the Admin Portal and follow the steps below to accomplish this.
- Click Admin > Users to navigate to the Users Page
- On the Users Page, click the button in the upper right that reads "Import Contacts"
- This will open the Import Contacts prompt, allowing you to specify User Properties
A. Download link for CSV Template to be used in Bulk Import process
B. Contact type dropdown used to specify between Users or Recipients
C. User Account options checked here will applied to all newly created accounts
D. A list of all available Folders will appear here, allowing you to select initial Folder access for all created accounts
E. File Browser feature that allows for selection of the target CSV file you will use in the import
- Click the link that reads, "Click here to download the CSV Template for F2B Bulk Contact Imports", and open the newly downloaded file called "F2B_Contacts_Import_Template.csv"
- Insert values for each column, treating each row as a single account; For the Roles column, please see the section below for more information on the options available
What to Include in the Roles Section...
Roles are permission sets that administrators can assign to User accounts giving them access to different tools within your Field2Base environment.
Roles available for inclusion in your Bulk Import CSV are listed in the Roles section of the Admin Portal. They can be viewed by logging into the Admin Portal, then going to Admin > Roles. However, it should be noted that not everyone has access to view Roles within their company. If you find yourself unable to view them, please consult the graphic below for a comprehensive list of Roles available for use in the Bulk Import process.
6. Once the CSV is filled out, save the file and go back to the Import Contacts screen
7. Click the Choose File Button to open the File Browser and select your newly saved CSV file then click Open
8. Click the Submit Button
Congratulations! You've now deployed a bulk group of Users using the new Import system! If you have further questions, please contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.