This guide is meant to provide instructions on how to run multiple DIM Projects for the same Form to the same DIM install that each accomplish different tasks. In many cases, the DIM will not allow you to change the project file in a drastic way that would change its designed function. For example, if you have already used the MinRfiTimestamp tag to grab all traffic within a date range, simply changing the date specified and restarting the service will not provide new results.
The best way around this is to duplicate the DIM project by changing a few key lines of XML in the project file to fool the DIM into seeing it as a different project, even though its being used with the same Form. See the steps below to accomplish this.
Duplicating a DIM Project
- Open the DIM Administrator Tool and Stop the DIM Service.
- Locate the Project File you want to update, and open it in a text editor of your choice.
- Change the value in the <systemName> line. The change can be as little as adding a few letters to what is there or changing the entire name to something different.
- Change the value in the <friendlyName> line. Again, the change can be a small differentiation or something entirely new.
- Lastly, you'll need to change the file name of the actual project file itself. If already opened in a text editor, use the software to Save As and give the file a new name.
- Save the new Project file to the file path the DIM is expecting to see it in. (C:\Program Files (x86)\F2B Data Integration Module\Projects by default)
- Open the DIM Administrator Tool and start the service again.
NOTE: Make sure to also add any one time modifications (like MinRfiTimestamp) to the project that you want before restarting the service. This will ensure they are run the first time the duplicated Project is run.
You have successfully duplicated a DIM Project.