If you see a message like the one shown below, it means that the Forms Designer Program cannot reach the Field2Base server because there is most likely a Firewall block on the computer’s firewall program.
At this point, you will need to speak with your Company’s Internet Administrator. If you don’t have an IT Administrator here is the list of steps to walk you through on how to allow the Forms Designer application through your computer’s Windows Firewall.
This guide is designed as a reference to provide step-by-step instructions on how to add FormsDesigner.exe to your Windows Firewall allowed programs list.
- Choose Start> Control Panel> System and Security> Allow a Program through Windows Firewall.
- Click the Change settings button in the top right to allow for program selection.
- Then click the Allow another app button in the bottom right to open the Add an app program selection window.
- Click Browse
- Browse the directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Forms Designer and choose Forms Designer.exe and then click Open and then the Add button.
The Allowed Programs dialog box.
6. Use the checkboxes to indicate the kind of network you are normally connected to. Our recommendation is to allow Forms Designer.exe both Public and Private access by checking both boxes.
7. Click OK to accept the setting changes.
If you want to remove a program from the Allowed list in the future, simply return to this dialog box, click the program in the list, and then click Remove.
**If you still experience connectivity issues with Forms Designer after the above steps have been completed, please have your IT Network administrator check your Router and/or Corporate Firewall system(s) for possible allowances needing to be made in them. For their reference, Forms Designer uses HTTPS 443.
If you have any questions, please contact Field2Base Technical Support.